Graduate Accommodation. Fees and Inclusions.
There are a range of apartments to choose from at Queen’s and many opportunities for graduate students to subsidise their costs.
See the Scholarships page for more information on the large number of graduate scholarships and bursaries available.
In addition, there are many opportunities for casual employment at the College, such as tutoring, working in the kitchen, the library, or in administrative capacities.
All accommodation contracts are based on the 2017 contract period from 4/1/2017 for 50 weeks. Fees include:
- Gas, water, and electricity
- Fast unlimited internet access via Ethernet and Wireless
- 7, 14 or 21 meals per week packages are available
- Academic assistance (seminars, workshops, liaison with SCR)
- Professional links with alumni and industry associates
- Access to the College facilities, including library and specialist IT Lab
Additional fees and charges
- Common Room Subscription: $320
- Initial Print Credit: $47
- Key levy³: $147
- Orientation Week Fee³: $109
- Wyvern Society Life Membership³: $224
Deposits & Advances
- Confirmation of Residency Deposit – deducted from fees: $1,000
- Entrance Security Deposit (refundable)³: $800
Optional Fees & Charges
- 14 Meal Upgrade: $935 or 21 Meal Upgrade: $1870
- Car Parking Fee Per Year (if applicable): $1211
- Motorcycle Parking Fee Per Year: $687
- Purchase of New Gown: $131
- Purchase of Second Hand Gown: $98
- Secondhand gown: $94
- Ethernet Network Cable (Optional): $15
¹ Contract type available to couples only
² Supplied for budgeting calculations only. Please note that the Fee Schedule requires partial upfront payment in January and February, and thereafter fees are spit into 9 equal payments to be debited monthly from March onwards and concluding in November.
³ Applies to new residents only. Fees and charges for the following year will be set by the College Council in November of each year, and will not be altered during the year in which they apply except for extraordinary circumstances.
Graduate Accommodation Options 2017
Studio accommodation packages: $500 per week.
|MCR Contract Type||Approx per week cost²||Full Contract Rate|
|Graduate Building||Studio||$520.00 pw||$26,012.00|
|One bedroom||$594.00 pw||$29,693.00|
|One bedroom Share¹||$329.00 pw||$16,441.00 pp|
|Two bedroom Share||$429.00 pw||$21,473.00 pp|
|04 January 2017||Billing for Semester 1 Fees|
|23 January 2017||Due Date for January Payment
($4000 + other fees)
/ Upfront Payment
|20 February 2017||Due date for February Payment|
|15th of the month (March—November)||Direct Debit Dates
(Equal split of the remaining fees over 9 payments)